It’s that time of the year again to do a little personal retrospective.
2016 passed by so quickly! I had a fantastic time playing around with (and taking care of) my wife and daughter. It’s really astonishing to see how much a baby can learn and grow in a year.
Being a father also helps putting things into perspective and rediscover the little pleasures in live. For example, there is literally no better cure for stress than coming home, being greeted by a happy smile and laying down on the floor playing with your own kid. :)
Besides that, I actually found more time than expected to grow technically. As such I:
- Wrote 11 blogposts, almost meeting my goal of 1 per month
- Got featured in Android weekly a whopping 9 times
- Appeared on Android dialogs
- Spoke at 5 big conferences + 1 local meetup
- Grew my twitter followers to more than 750
- Gathered over 1000 stars on Github
- Gained >2000 reputation on stackoverflow
- Built a new Github library MockitoCollectionMatchers
- Visited Google IO (finally!)
- Built 2 green field side projects!
- Made plans for building a house
- Taught my daughter how to fist bump and say Yolo #awesomedad
Next year construction of our dream house will start, so time will once again be a scarce resource. And since I don’t want to give in on quality time with my daughter, I’ll just try to keep up my current blogging and speaking efforts. However, it would be really cool if I could speak at a conference outside Europe!
As always you can reach me on Mastodon, or leave a comment below!